History of the Office of Student Affairs
- The Office of Student Affairs formerly the Office of Student Guidance, which consisted of four sections; Guidance and Counseling, Extracurricular Activities, Physical Education and Health, and Student Affairs.
- During 1982-83 academic year the Student Guidance Center was established.
- During 1984-85 the Student Guidance Center was renamed Student Counseling Section.
- During 1985-86 the Overseas Chinese Student Guidance Section was established.
- During 1985-86 Organizational reshuffling resulted in abolishing the Guidance Section, and dividing the Physical Education and Health into two sections: Physical Education and Health.
- In 1994 the Office of Student Guidance was renamed the Office of Student Affairs in accordance with the University Law.
- During 1995-96 the Overseas Chinese Student Guidance Section was renamed the Overseas Chinese and Foreign Student Guidance Section. The Physical Education Section became the Office of Physical Education, a primary level unit.
- During 1996-97 the Office's Taipei Campus Office was established in coordination with the establishment there of the College of Technology.
- During 1999-2000 foreign student affairs was withdrawn from the Overseas Chinese and Foreign Student Guidance Section, and consequently the section reverted to its former name the Overseas Chinese Student Guidance Section.
- During 2000-01 the Graduated Placement Section came under the Office of Student Affairs, and in the second semester it was renamed the Career Planning and Placement Section.
- During 2001-02 the Student Counseling Section was renamed the Counseling Section.
- During 2001-02 the Extracurricular Activities Section was renamed the Extracurricular Activies Guidance Section.
- During 2004-05 the Student Housing Guidance Section was established.
- During 2011-2012 the Career Planning and Counseling Section was renamed the Career Guidance Section; the Overseas Students Counseling Section was transferred to the Office of International and Cross-Strait Affair, and renamed the International and Mainland Student Guidance Section; the works of scholarship was transferred from the Extracurricular Activities Guidance Section to the Guidance Section.
- During the second semester of 2016 the Indigenous Students Resource Center was established.